Ragu is celebrating the founder of the company Assunta… founder, immigrant – entrepreneur, and mom. She set the sauce standards that have been generation after generation. This is a sauce to be celebrated and to be used make your own traditions! The tradition the MY mom passed on to us was making really healthy food taste really good. She first introduced us to Kale and today I’m bringing the whole family together with kale from my mom, a chicken recipe from my sister and Ragu Sauce. This Kale Chicken with Ragu Rice is a tasty meal for the whole family.
My mom has always been ahead of her times, sewed clothes for us kids, we made homemade icicle lights when they didn’t sell them in the store and she loved kale when it wasn’t cool. Now that kale is cool and you can find it everywhere and people are eating healthy greens we know what to do with it because of my mom. Kale is great with the flavors of the Tomato, Garlic and Onion Ragu Sauce too.
Yum right? This is a great option for a gluten free meal as well. We aren’t gluten free in our home, but we do have friends that I cook for occasionally.
- Recipe: 1 cup Kale
- 1 cup Ragu sauce
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1.5 garlic heads
- handful fresh Kale
- avocado oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder
- 2 cups basmati rice
- drizzle chicken breasts with avocado oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Bake the chicken breasts on 350 for 25min
- drizzle garlic heads (shelled) with avocado oil and wrap in a little foil pouch. bake at 350 for 35 min or until tender with a fork.
- chop the fresh kale, shred chicken when cooked. dump kale, chicken, vinegar, Ragu into a pan and cook until kale is wilted and everything is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- cook rice according to directions and serve with the chicken.
When it looks like this it’s ready to serve.
AND… There is a sweeps contest running right now on Food.com. The contest is titled Ready. Set. Cook! It challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes featuring Ragu sauce plus a set list of other ingredients. Head over here for details.