Inside: Get a peak at the Brother B2B event with the Ambassador team and me! Details of the new machines as well, plus fun insider info.
Where do I start? I feel so privileged to be part of the Brother Sews ambassador team, it’s hard to put last weeks trip all in words. This post will hopefully tell you a bit about the trip AS WELL AS all about the new fun machines coming to Brother in 2023. It really was amazing to simply talk sewing with these amazing new friends for three days straight.
Brother Back 2 Business with the ambassador team
Back in the spring I was told to put these dates on my calendar and I was super excited. When I heard that many of the Brother Ambassadors were going to be there as well I was even more thrilled. These aren’t the entire team, but many of them and I’d only met Angela and Joanne before in person.
We spent the week getting know each other, the new machines and interacting with the dealers who came to the event. I was able to talk to so many amazing people, I loved it.
I had such a blast getting to know the rest of the group, and they are simply fun people to be around! Here are a few photos from our days together.
A quick lunch with new friends before our preview of the new machines…
Getting ready for the big reveal night…. I take terrible mirror selfies! Tabitha and Nephi…. the three of us spent a ton of time together and had a blast.
After the blue carpet introduction we all sat down and the machines were revealed. It was a well done event… many Brother dealers hosted a watch party at their shop for this event, maybe you caught one of these?
Another group shot. From left to right… with links to their blog/social so you can check them out.
Jane and Angela spent most of their days in the media room and the rest of us were in the “test drive” room with the machines. Here are a few photos of the fun times we had.
Some close ups!! AND super excited about the new serger!!! Loopers and needles with auto threaders – wow!!
I spent 99% of my days in the hotel, but I did take a quick walk around one afternoon.
I got a few photos before I took off Friday afternoon. Wendy and Tabitha!
Joanne and Nephi!
There was a big party Friday night, but I had to miss it this year. And that’s a look at Brother B2B with the ambassador team!
New Machines for 2023
Ok… So here is a quick look at each of the new machines and releases for this coming year. I’m super excited about the Artspira App and to figure out more ways to use it. It was so fun to play with while we were at B2B! Here are just some highlights of what is coming to a Brother dealer near you soon if you want to read through!!
Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3
- Advantages of Wireless LAN Because the Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 is wireless LAN enabled, the free downloadable software Design Database Transfer1 (no USB required) allows the transfer of embroidery designs from a PC to a Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 when connected to a wireless network.
- Creative Yarn Couching & Ornate Long Stitch Technique A new technique so you can embroider “letters.” When you fill in the characters using yarn (the color of your choice), you give it a 3D effect. You can use upper case capital letters (approx. 3” tall), lower case, numbers, and all characters are also resizable for even more flexibility. The 10 Long Stitch patterns built-into the Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 can add a unique geometric enhancement to just about any project. The Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 has 10 Long Stitch patterns that can add a unique geometric enhancement to just about any project. This technique resembles string art with dramatic long stitches layered to create a unique embellishment.
- Mobile Apps For your mobile devices, be alerted when it’s time to change thread or your project is complete with the My Stitch Monitor App1. The creative My Design Snap App1 lets you wirelessly transfer images to My Design Center from your smart device, while the inspired Artspira Mobile App1 has embroidery patterns you can download, plus the ability to create embroidery patterns by drawing on your mobile device.
- Edge to Edge Quilt Feature: No need for a long arm as the Edge-to-Edge quilt feature for embroidery lets you finish your quilt-top right on your Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 (even with a 10” x 10“hoop!). There are ten patterns to choose from, and detailed instructions are clear and easy to follow and walk you through all the calculations, rows, and rehoopings. With this fabulous feature, you can complete king-sized quilts on your XP3 (with a smaller sewing machine footprint). It’s like bringing a long arm into a project.
- StitchVision Technology3 This intelligent projection system clearly previews stitches and embroidery designs directly on your fabric. Preview, audition, and edit your designs and stitches in a 5″ x 3″ virtual preview area.
- My Design Center & My Connection Feature The Brother exclusive My Design Center has some incredible enhancements for the Innov-ís XP3. Now, My Design Center has included six new decorative fill patterns for a total of 48, a ten-key input for sizing for better design editing, and a numbering system for stamp shapes for valuable referencing. Import custom decorative fill patterns and line motifs from PE-Design 112 for added creativity. And don’t forget a new fine-tip stylus pen, with an easy-to-detach/attach pen cap for better drawing in My Design Center. When connected to a wireless network, the communicative My Connection feature will let the Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 and select ScanNCut DX machines talk to one another so you can send files back and forth between both devices for added efficiency.
- Large 10 5/8″ x 16″ Embroidery Area The ample 65 square inches of workspace can handle large home decor projects to your latest upcycle creation. At the same time, the generous 13.1″ needle to arm distance has the capability to fully accommodate a rolled king-sized quilt! With the large 10 5/8″ x 16″ embroidery area, the largest and most advanced embroidery frame that Brother has ever offered, you can create larger-than-life embroidery with ease.
- Built-in High-definition LCD Display View all 1,554 built-in embroidery designs, 192 Disney character patterns, and more on the large 10.1″ LCD color display with Capacitive Technology. The intuitive touch screen works like a tablet with familiar sliding, swiping, scrolling, and pinch-to-zoom for viewing detailed steps, categories, and designs.
- Feet. Feet. Feet. The Compact MuVit Digital Dual Feed Foot allows for smoother feeding and the ability to stitch thicker fabrics with ease. Continual contact with the materials ensures steady stitching and the ability to stitch forward and backward. In addition, the XP3 comes with 17 feet, such as the Monogramming Foot N+, the Zigzag Foot, and the Embroidery Couching Foot for even more creative freedom.
- Multi-Function Foot Controller The more “ergonomic” Multi-Function Foot Controller allows for easy toggle between functions with an updated angle of the heel and the toe kick and reduces the main pedal’s spring load for easier stepping and load reduction.
Innov-ís NS2850D Combo Sewing & Embroidery Machine with Disney
- Sewing and Embroidery in one Machine: With a modern cosmetic, a host of over 200 built-in embroidery designs, 241 built-in sewing stitches, cutting-edge technology, plus the convenience of easy portability, the Innov-ís NS2850D will be your go-to machine. And when paired with the Brother iBroidery platform, a Brother 4” x 7” magnetic hoop2, and BES42 and BESBlue2 software programs, the Innov-ís NS2850D is the ideal machine for your next sewing or embroidery project.
- Wireless LAN: With wireless LAN enabled, the Innov-ís NS2850D will send you software update notifications and will let you send embroidery files from your PC to your machine via the free downloadable software Design Database Transfer1 (no USB required). This allows for easy data management for all your designs and projects.
- Artspira Mobile: Draw your next project on the Artspira Mobile App1. With an array of patterns and cut data you can download, plus the ability to make embroidery patterns by drawing on your mobile device, the Artspira Mobile App1 will have you creating on the go.
- Savvy Sewing: The Innov-ís NS2850D comes with 241 built-in sewing stitches, 10 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes, the My Custom Stitch feature, Advanced Color Sort, and a Jump Stitch Trimming function for all your sewing needs.
- Design Database Transfer Transfer embroidery designs from your PC to your Innov-ís NS2850D with the free downloadable software Design Database Transfer1 (no USB required) for easy data management and easy date transfer for all your designs.
- My Custom Stitch: The exclusive My Custom Stitch feature allows you to create a stitch, save the stitch, and then use that stitch for even more personalization.
- Disney Designs: The Innov-ís NS2850D has 55 built-in Disney designs that includes Mickey and Minnie Mouse, characters from Toy Story, and of course, a few royal princesses as well.
- Generous Workspace: When you are ready to step up and grow your hobby, the Innov-ís NS2850D has a generous 5” x 7” embroidery area, a 3.7” LCD display screen, and compatibility with the 4” x 7” Brother magnetic frame2.
- LCD Display: See your designs on the sharp 3.7” LCD display, which allows for easy on-screen editing, including letter editing and combining designs.
- Embroidery Patterns: The Innov-ís NS2850D has a 5” x 7” embroidery area, ideal for one of the 248 built-in embroidery designs, 13 embroidery fonts, and 55 built-in Disney designs.
Innov-ís AIRFLOW 3000 Jet-Air Serger
- Jet-Air Technology: Thread the AIRFLOW 3000 with a blast of jet air. With threading ports that are connected to the end of each looper by tubes, at the press of a button, jet air sends the threads through the looper. So, it’s like a breath of fresh air to change thread colors.
- Stitch Quality: Achieve outstanding finishing touches with flatlock, overlock, and rolled hem stitches on specialty fabrics such as fine knits and stretchy materials.
- Specialty Feet Included: The AIRFLOW 3000 comes with a Gathering Foot, a Blind Stitch Foot, a Piping Foot, and a Trim Trap so you can start your next DIY project.
- Great for Challenging Materials: Excellent for adding professional finishing touches on fine knits and stretchy materials, which can be challenging fabrics on traditional sewing machines.
- Brightly Lit Work Area: High quality lighting that’s easy on the eyes when sewing on dark fabrics.
- Quick Change Levers: The AIRFLOW 3000 has pair of quick-change levers for the rolled hemstitch feature, and a switch that will activate and deactivate the cutting knife before the edge is wrapped with thread. (serged).
- Safety sensor and error LED: When following conditions occur, an open fabric cover or front cover, the presser foot is raised, the AIRFLOW 3000 serger will not work and an error LED light will come on.
- Differential Feed: The Differential Feed Ratio (0.7mm to 2.0mm) on the AIRFLOW 3000 provides outstanding stitch
quality and acts as the tool for custom lettuce edge finishes on specialty materials.
- No Lint Build-up: As the threads are constantly moved through tubes by the jet-air technology, fluff and lint are kept to a minimum so as not to build up and clog the lines.
- Noise Level Moderate: Add decorative touches and professional finishes to any DIY project, anywhere, anytime.
Artspira Design and Mobile App
• For use with Brother Wireless LAN sewing, embroidery, and crafting machines
• A host of creative tools such as the embroidery drawing tool, assorted shapes, and templates
• Design line-art inspired patterns up to 4”x 4” (100mm x 100mm) and 5”x 7” (130mm × 180mm) right on your mobile device
• Stitch Simulator will show you how your design will look before being stitched out
• Design templates for fast making
• Tutorial page & videos
• The ability to save your creations and pick up where you left off later
• Digital magazine with projects and tutorials and new patterns/designs uploaded every month
• Available on the Apple Store and Google Play