* Read all the way through the recipe first, since there are a number of different steps.
* Measure carefully which always goes for baking.
* You may use an electric hand mixer instead of a stand mixer. Just be careful not to overbeat your mixture or your bread will be tough.
*Leave plenty of time to make this. At least, 3 1/2 hours.
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting pan
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (or bars, coarsely chopped)
2/3 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray and dusting with flour. Tap out the excess flour.
2) In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3) Using a microwave safe bowl, medium size if possible, heat the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth. Set aside.
4) Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment; place the butter in the bowl, mix on low until smooth. Add the sugar and increase the speed to medium. Mix until pale and fluffy. Mix the eggs in; one at a time. On the lowest speed. Add the flour mixture in three batches alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
5) Add half of this mixture to the melted chocolate. Stir well.
6) Alternate between the chocolate batter and the plain batter, dropping by large spoonfuls into the loaf pan.
7) When the pan is full, run a knife back and forth making a swirling motion.
8) Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean; about 1 hour.
9) Let the bread cool completely; about 1 hour.
1) Put the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate in a bowl.
2) In a small saucepan, gently heat the heavy cream over low heat until just about to simmer.
3) Pour the cream over the chocolate and use a whisk to mix until smooth.
4) Let stand about 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
5) Pour over the bread and spread evenly with an off-set spatula.
6) Let stand for 1 hour.
Store in airtight container for 2 days.
This is bit more work than my usual recipes but it is such a great treat!
Oh Yummy!!! Thanks for sharing Sarah!!!
Get Schooled Saturday-Too Much Time on my hands * Pinning Away-The Arsty Girl Connection