Make these easy Grape Nut Muffins for on the go snacking or breakfast. Made with grapenuts cereal and berries with good for you ingredients.
I love breakfast! Ever since I was first pregnant years ago, I pretty much wake up thinking of food. And now that I have little ones, everyone loves breakfast, we don’t do much around here until we have eaten!
Grape-nuts are a family favorite hit around here…which is why I love this healthy Grape Nut Muffin recipe, our favorite cereal… all.day.long!
These muffins are extra healthy because they use whole wheat flour and applesauce instead of oil! You can find my recipe for homemade applesauce here.
- 1 cup. Grape-nut cereal by Post
- 1/2 cup. rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 TBS butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put oats and Grape-nuts with the milk in a bowl Sit 3 min.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt- stir
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add applesauce, sugar and butter.
- Combine all ingredients together- stir. Fold in berries.
- Makes 12 muffins
- Bake 20 min. Cool 5 min in pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Cereal is not just for breakfast anymore. You can pop a couple in your bag and head out the door. Or, if you eat breakfast at home, these make great snacks throughout the day. These muffins are great anytime you need a healthy pick me up. Over the weekend my boys just went crazy for these tasty treats.
Did you know you can buy cereal at Walgreens? They often have amazing sales and you can get the basics for great deals. Next time you are there for something else, head over and check out the cereal isle.