I am so excited to be apart of Delightful December at Naptime Creations. I am Alyssa and I blog over at The Recipe Critic. I absolutely love this time of year! One of my favorite things about this season is cuddling up with my family in my warm and cozy house sipping on some hot chocolate. I am sharing with you today one of our favorite hot chocolate recipes. There is just something about the tiny ground up oreos that make this absolutely delicious. This is an easy and fun recipe and you will find it as delicious as our family does!
2 cups milk (I have also used 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream)
1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
crushed oreos for topping
1. Warm up milk and on the stove over medium low heat. Be careful not to let it boil.
2. Add the hot chocolate powder. I have used both regular hot chocolate and candy cane hot chocolate powder. The candy cane hot chocolate powder tastes like mint cookies and cream. Both are delicious!
2. Grind the oreos up very finely in a food processor or blender.
3. Add the oreos to the warm milk.
4. Serve with whip cream topping and oreos crushed on the top.
Thank you so much Emily for the opportunity to be apart of Delightful December. And you can keep up with the latest and greatest over at The Recipe Critic through Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. Happy Holidays everyone and stay warm with a cup of hot chocolate.
Get Schooled Saturday-Too Much Time on my hands * Pinning Away-The Arsty Girl Connection